Thursday, May 2, 2013

30 Minute Steak Marinade

I am the Queen of this grill in this house! Not that I am not already Queen of this house but I rock the grill. With the "Master of the Universe" away a lot it falls to me to do the grilling. Now if I am even more honest I love to grill. it can be -40 outside in a snow storm and I will grill. I am my dad's daughter who taught me when I was about 14 to use the grill. We grill all year round. So it was real sad for my family when our grill went to grill heaven last year. *a moment of silence for the beloved grill* Ok there that's enough. So when I got a new grill the other week the house rejoiced! I was the best with my kids... (Who knew all it took was a hunk of mettle with propane?)

One of my most requested things I get to grill is steak. We are a family with the love for cow. But cow on a grill well that puts this on a whole new level of awesomeness. So I have a very quick marinade with things I always have on hand. The Trick with grilling any meat is that meat should not be cold. Cold meat on the grill turns it to leather and chewy. So if you pull it out of the fridge 30 minutes before you throw it on will help with keeping the meat juicy.

What You Need:
 
 
1 Large zippy bag
Steaks
1/2 cup Olive oil
2 tbsp. Garlic minced
2 tbsp.Staek spice
1/2 tsp. salt
 
Putting It Together:
 
Take zippy bag and put steaks in bag
 
Add Olive oil
 
Add Garlic
 
Add salt and Steak spice
 
Close bag and give it a good shake making sure steaks get covered. Let sit for 30 min. This can be done ahead of time.
 
Once ready heat up your grill to about 300
 
Cook steaks for about 6 minutes on each side

 
Once cooked to your liking take off grill and let sit for about 7-10 minutes. Then Serve and Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment